Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentime's Day 2009!

Just a short post to describe how Joan and I celebrated Valentime's Day.

I know I really didn't spend much time planning for this year's Vday, I initially planned to get up early on Saturday morning, go to the shop which is near Joan's school and get her one of those plastic balloons with a smaller balloon inside it, then go pick up Joan from her house.. unfortunately, I overslept, and woke up at about 11.50 am!

I don't think we stayed up very late on Friday night either, all I remember is meeting Joan after her class and going to eat some very nice Japanese food at the new Jap food court at paradiz centre. A little bit pricey, around $6-8 per meal, but the food was nice, and the decor was good too, and we got a window seat. Hehz. After dinner, we took a short stroll to the museum and had went to Olio Dome for mocha with gelato and an oreo cheesecake for dessert. The drink was nice, but the cheesecake, while looking quite nice, wasn't cheesey enough, and was a bit bland actually, and I was quite disappointed cos it looked really nice on the plate. But by about 10.30 pm they were already cleaning up and chasing out the customers, so I was a little annoyed. We walked to city hall to take MRT home, and I didn't even send Joan home because I was so tired n sleepy.

So anyway, back to Vday. Reached Joan's place just before 12.30 pm cos my dad gave me a lift to the MRT. helped pack the Japanese rice into a tumbler and a small container (haha, don't ask!) and then wanted to go to clark quay Mai mason restaurant for lunch, but in the end settled for Sizzler, becos the stupid restaurant closes at 2.30 pm, and by the time we left Joan's house was already close to 1.20 pm, can't possibly expect us to rush through a nice Vday lunch right? So we had a good meal at TPY's Sizzler, good food and value for money. We had a window seat too, although not much of a view! Haha.. Think I ate too much, had 2 or 3 servings of salad, 2 soups, 2 cheese bread, main course of beef steak with pepper sauce, and fruits.

After that we went to paragon to shop around for ingredients for the Japanese dinner that we were supposed to cook at my place, and ended up at Carefour at plaza sing instead, cos the things were cheaper and easier to find there. I will never go back to the paragon supermarket, one bad experience there is enough. =P

We bought the food (which amounted to $60+ and over spend by about $15, was estimating$50) and actually shouldn't have bought the chocolate ben & jerry ice cream ($14.90!! for such a small container!) but oh well, doesn't matter, how often do I get to splurge on Joan and on such a special day too.

I shan't go into details of my first attempt at cooking with Joan, at least she had a cookbook and some cooking experience to help her, I was struggling with finding simple sauces and cracking an egg. Haha! I admit, I've never cooked a meal in my life, except for instant noodles. We started cooking at around 6 pm, but by the time we were done, it wa already 8 plus in the evening! I never knew cooking could be so tiring! And all I did was prepare the chawamusi egg thingy, and helped cook the Japanese curry, and cut up some carrots and onions, and I was quite exhuasted by the time we finished cooking everything and sat down to eat! The sushi that we made was really funny too, mine was overly cramped with ingredients and was too fat, Joan's sushi still looked quite alright, and my bro n mindice actually took a bite to try it and thought it was ok. Hahaha.. mine was like, experiment gone wrong! but nvm, important thing is that we had fun cooking together, and I must really thank Joan for not getting annoyed with my constant questions on what to do on this and that, cos I really never cooked before! haha.. Took some nice pics, will upload on facebook when I have the time.. After dinner, we had some erm, recreational companionship activities in the living room, before deciding to join my bro n friends. (haha!)

Went down to the BBQ pit to chit chat with Weiliang, Mindice, Huiling and her bf Bao-Er (what a name for a guy, i thought the name was for a girl!) and basically just talked crap and lame jokes until everyone was laughing. The wine probably helped! Then my bro came with more cakes although all of us were simply too stuffed and full to eat anymore, but we still crammed the cakes down, as the cakes were really delicious. Sounds like gluttony, but oh well, once a year only right? How often do we celebrate Vday? Hahaha.. But seriously i've never eaten so much since the CNY cruise!

So that just about wraps up Vday.. sunday was kinda relaxed, didn't do much, wake up for service, Joan came over to watch service with me (parts 2 and 3 of the top 5 things that matter to a man and woman in a relationship), then we had a late breakfast / early lunch and Joan took a short nap before going for MTT and collecting gig pay, while i struggled my way through the afternoon heat to do some work. We had dinner at casuarina, at the botak HK guy's steamboat reastaurant, the promfet cost $47! expensive.. but it was quite big lah, so not bad. we had champagne pork ribs, hot plate beancurd, and charsiew with the 3 layer meat too. I actually enjoyed dinner with my family and Joan, mindice didn't join though.

Just like that, the weekend flew past. Weekdays seem to really crawl by, but the weekend always speeds by so quickly, before you know it, its Monday. Sigh. But i must admit, I did have a really good weekend with Joan from Friday all the way until Sunday night.. although i'm a bit sad that I didn't have time to really plan out the activities, or buy a nice gift for Joan.. thank God she's a really understanding girlfriend, but still i should've done things right, and not let work be an excuse. oh well, i promised her a holiday to Langkawi or somewhere nice for sightseeing after her exams, so i guess i'll plan that trip properly and make sure she has enough shopping money. not like the last time we were at phuket. =P hahaha..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home