Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dedicated to my readers. Thank you! =)

I never realised that so many people still read my blog until once in a while I get SMSes and emails and phone calls from different people, telling me to cheer up, to solve my problems this way and that, asking whether everything is alright and all. I'm really quite surprised and touched at the concern that you guys (and girls) have for me. hehz...

Though I don't usually get comments (hint hint!) I know that you are still dropping by every once in a while to keep up to date in whats happening on in my life. only real friends bother to find out what is going on in their friend's life!

Anyway I've been rather busy for the past few days, been working till 8.30 pm since last Thursday. On Tues night I still remember, by the time I stepped out of the office, I was the last one in my entire office to leave! As I was concentrating on work while blasting music (after office hours I usually log onto imeem) and rushing to finish, I didn't even notice that ALL the office staff and lawyers had left, so imagine my surprise when around 8.30 pm I walked out of the room expecting to chit chat with my colleague or someone, the place was so dark! Only one row of lights outside my room were on, and my office is right at the end of the corridor (at the corner of the building actually, kind of cool) so I couldn't hear the opening and closing of the door when people leave.

Kind of creepy being all alone in the office, but then again, I did feel a sense of achievement. haha! My first time leaving office as the Last Person to leave! Hahaha.. Well, I still had work, and I could've brought work home to do, (these days I email my hotmail account with work when I know that I can't finish my work) but I thought what the heck, I've done enough work for a day! I need a life too!

Anyway I've just stumbled upon Soo Huei and Luke's blog while blog-surfing (okay, I was taking a short break cos my boss was happy with my work today and said I might not need to come back to office during the holiday, so I was feeling pretty good) and I'm amazed that they're still regularly updating their blogs! oh well, Luke's blog had a link to an interesting article which caused me to reply to his blog, and that took a rather long time. haha. But anyway the point is this. Luke was really passionate about what he was writing and that sort of reminded me of what I am doing in my job. Do I really have a passion for corporate law? Do I really care how companies are regulated, how they affect the stock market, how businessmen backstab each other while lawyers look on cheerfully and urge them on?

Quite truthfully, I do like my job now. But sometimes, it does get a bit mundane and boring. But when I think about the connections and the opportunities, the money and the benefits of being a lawyer (you get a lot of free food, next Tues i'm going to another briefing at The Executives Club where the media, economic analysts, big bosses of companies and big lawyers will be there too), and of course, the prestiege that comes with it. Haha, you know what I mean right? When I'm meeting up some friends at a party or meeting people..

(oh wait gotta rush back to work.. To be continued..)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gwentini said...

Hey! Its Wendy! Just want to drop by and say hi! I am one of those who spied on you!!

Glad to know you are doing well!

10:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home