Tuesday, September 30, 2008

so many birthdays n weddings coming up!

Wow, there's like 3 pple (including myself) who are celebrating their birthdays in my firm this month! Puikwan, Hongyee and myself, the 3 new lawyers somehow all have birthdays in october! And i think we get along pretty well as friends as well as colleagues, so thank God for sending these guys into my life! i mean, before they came, going to office was pretty lonely n boring, but after these 2 malaysians came, at least i had some pple of my age to talk to. seriously God does answer prayers, i've prayed for good colleagues becos i needed some lunch buddies n friends in the office, and He answered my prayers rather quickly! Hallelujah!

Oh n i got an SMS from lijuan, one of my old friends, who's getting married in november! actually, we used to like each other a few years back, when i had just broken up with my ex-gf, but because she's not saved, i didn't do anything n focused on God, n we still remained good friends till this day. i still remember we met during the new year's eve countdown at orchard, i think it was jason or weixiang who asked his friend to join us for the countdown party, n i got to know lijuan from that friend (i can't even remember that friend's name now! haha!) and i didn't realise Lijuan was from AJC as well, the same JC i was from, though she was one year my senior. haha.. i'm really happy for her, she's honestly one of the nicest girls i've ever met in my life. Congrats to her n her husband!

(oh yeah for those who're wondering what the heck am i doing blogging at 10 am at work, well my boss didn't come to office today n she's working from home, so yayy!! hahaha)

Last night had a nice dinner with Millie n Ian, somehow even though we've been seeing each other almost everyday for more than 2 weeks, i'm amazed at how we'll still meet up during our free time. I had to help Millie with her essay about triads, n honestly i was quite tired n had a headache, but hey, they always say, a friend in need is a friend in deed and indeed, i would want to be that friend. (haha, cheesy yes i know..!) had dinner at the pizza place n oh man, we ordered a large pizze n a pasta to share between 3 of us, Millie ate the whole pasta n took a slice of our pizza! think she must have been really hungry. haha.. but anyway after writing the essay we went to cineleisure to take a look at what movies were showing but it was too late anyway so we went home, n that was when i heard the "white hair and tits" joke n laughed until my face muscles ached! who wants to know more, why not ask the man himself, Ian Lim. Hahaha! Oh yeah, sorry i had to be the light bulb there guys. Haha..

oh n i bumped into Mikki at the mrt as well, n on the way home i called her to chat to catch up with her. so many things have happened since we last chatted, somehow i feel kinda sad that we're no longer as close as before, our lives have taken us in different directions n different circle of friends, but i'll always look upon her as my little sister, even if the cute little Mikki that i used to know has grown up and has many guys chasing her now. haha! but she's just not interested in anyone of them n wants to focus on her cell group ministry, so too bad guys, just back off or stay as normal friends, she doesn't want to be forced into anything until she's 21 (next May).

and as i was discussing with joan on how to celebrate my birthday n she was telling me its very diffficult to buy something for me, i just remembered last year the super romantic n sweet things she did for me at my birthday, i almost cried!

in 2007, i celebrated my birthday at my aunt's house in yishun, joan secretly worked together with 2-3 of my members, using light sticks formed the words "Happy Bday" at the grass patch n asked my cell member to bring me to the window, n i was shocked! then the next thing i knew she was in front of me with a chocolate cake n smiling from ear to ear n the cell group sang happy birthday! oh man, that was the MOST memorable birthday i ever had, joan was so sweet to organise everything to surprise me, n i really enjoyed myself. but ok, let's not go back to the past, like i was telling Ian, i wanna ask God to show a replay of my life when i get to heaven, so i can relive all those good memories! hahaha..

Sat, ktv with family, relatives n ex-cg members, Sun, dinner at clark quay with SF members, Monday, spending a whole day with Joan to celebrate my birthday. Somehow, like what Mikki said, I always like to celebrate my birthday with lots of pple. Sweekeng called n asked what am I doing for my birthday on monday afternoon n i was stunned n didn't even realised i haven't seen him in months n yet he still remembers my birthday! good friends, these chaps. ha, if they think my brithday is celebrated in a grand way, wait till they check out my wedding plans. haha! Strikeforce, church choir performance, band showcase, etc.. ok can't reveal too much now. hehz.

God, its been a great year so far, thanks for everything, for all the blessings, for the great family n friends in my life, for the new flat, for the good colleagues, for the strikeforce, for being my God even when i'm rebellious n stubborn n sinful at times, at the end of the everyday i want to be walking in Your will, i want to make You happy, i want to enjoy this Christian life with You.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home