Monday, July 07, 2008

The alter ego of Lawyer Loh - crazy player of the Strikeforce!

Was chatting with my office colleague about what I did over the weekend and she was pretty amazed, n when i told her about the gigs we're playing for MTV and Traffic Jam featuring Chris Daughtry, she was like "oh my gosh!" n couldn't believe me. she wants to come for the event with her boyfriend to check it out n see if i'm making it up! hahaha... hopefully i can bring her n her boyfriend to Christ in the next 4 months.

yeah i know i'm not a super evangelist who brings 20 friends for a big day. but reaching out to adults is quite different from reaching out to youths or teenagers. the younger ones are more easily influenced n willing to do new things. adults have more responsibilities n work on their mind, n more resistent to new things. but as long as i'm reaching out n trying my best, i know God will be happy with me n thats all that matters isn't it?

But anyway I was really blown away by the Big Plans that boss has for singapore drumfest and the Strikeforce! I know i'm not supposed to blog any details, so I'm just going to refer to it as the Big Plan. Its so big, when Boon was telling us about it everyone was absolutely quiet, even Ian and Chowkiat were deep in thought. Since i can't say any details, all i will say is that the Big Plan requires all SF members to be fully committed to it, if they so choose to support the Big Plan. for myself, I was quite amazed by the big thinking and visions of Boon. Once again, when I thought he had achieved his vision with drumfest 07, he throws us a bigger vision to catch on to! This man of God is simply amazing, a never say die attitude that puts most of us to shame! honestly i can say i've never followed a bolder leader in my personal life, who's not afraid to take steps that will shock pple, provoke some, step on a few toes but achieve his dreams for the glory of God. Cultural mandate doesn't get any better than this! and most of the SF pple there don't know about this, but the Big Plans have actually been in my dreams as well for some time already. part of the Big Plans have also been one of the dreams of my girlfriend Joan.

So I've been inspired, I've been challenged, I've been motivated. Not by any wealthy lawyer or businessman, mind you, I get to see plenty of those in my line of work but they don't really strike me as the kind of leader I want to learn from. I've met some businessmen who are really rich n talented at making money thru deals n business ventures, n some lawyers who think they know it all n have this arrogant aura about them. No way will I allow myself to turn out to be like these pple, even if some of them may be Christians. to do things solely for the sake of getting lots of money is not my cup of tea.

Why did I want to be a lawyer? So i can help people in need. Pple who are in debt or signed contracts unknowingly, or small companies who want to break into the big market. Helping local companies compete with MNCs in singapore. So that despite globalisation n influx of foreign talent, singaporeans can compete with them in a level playing field, for the benefit of the country.

Yeah also of cos for the money, but not mainly for the money. its for a sense of satisfaction that my client will be able to do his business legally and efficiently. the money is important, but not the crucial factor.

But i don't see many of such pple around. I needed so badly an example of a man who pursues his dreams from God relentlessly, and money comes pouring in as a result of him pursuing his dreams, and NOT the other way round. Thanks Boon, for providing me with a living example whom I can relate to.

The army of Strikeforce will rise with you to the challenge, to achieve the Big Plans that God has put into you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home