Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Excellent time with the Strikeforce members!

Dear God,

Just want to thank You for the past few days, all the fun times I've spent with the SF members, and the opportunity to play for gigs again. Its been too long since I last played the drums for a SF performance!

I just pray that the Big Plans of our leader Boon will bear fruit even as he gathers his faithful members to sow seeds into the Plans together with him, and a couple of investors. Its an amazing principle that works no matter if you're a Christian or not. If you sow, you will reap. It just depends on how much harvest you will reap, and as Christians who walk by revelation and with the strenght n wisdom of the Holy Spirit, we ought to be getting a larger harvest than the non-believers, even with sowing of the same seed. But very often, especially in the working world, pple don't see that happening. Even if it does happen, pple will always have something nasty to say about it.

"Wah Christian lawyer ah. I thought Christians cannot lie?"

"How come you all play drums n consider it a ministry?" (Yes up till today pple still ask me this question, I no longer get annoyed but rather amused.)

God, how do I explain it to pple like my parents n relatives why I'm spending time drumming, while my fellow lawyer friends are spending much more time on their career? How do I state that I want to follow my music passion rather than work in an office until 11 pm every night? They'll think I'm still not thinking maturely or I'm lazy or I'm still a thrill seeker, and once I start work I should be "settling down".

God I'm sorry but I just don't get why pple work their life away n sacrifice their relationships n God-given dreams n talents. Certain pple I know have music talents, but once work comes into their lives, its business and work and work everyday, even saturdays and sundays. Whatever happened to the Sabbath? Whatever happened to a balanced lifestyle?

I guess I could give them the benefit of the doubt, that they're really shining for God in the marketplace, and they're living out their dreams passionately. For example, pple like Yujie, and Shawn. Born to work and be a leader in the business world.

Unlike me. God, i actually want to start the school with Joan and become a full time teacher. I do love to teach, to speak, but at the same time, I do like to address legal issues, challenge legislation, represent those who do not have a voice in the legal world and all those. So what do I want to do exactly?

All I know is, what I'm doing now is being mediocre. Working in a small firm with average salary (for lawyers that is) and doing a mess of things, which honestly is like admin work with few legal issues. I'm like an expensive clerk. I'm staying becos I want to work on an IPO from start to finish in 2009, but after that anything's possible. I might change firm, I might not. Depends on how I am able to progress actually. My aim is currently partner in 3-5 years, but from my progress, it isn't happening. So by 2011 June, I should be a partner of the firm, able to handle my own cases n clients. Yet at the same time, I want to help Joan achieve her dream of opening a school. A private tuition center for secondary to JC level. I mean with a lawyer as a lecturer, I think many pple would want to register their child there right? And I would be doing something I like to do, teach n share my ideas. But the one thing holding me back - money.

Here's a breakdown on my salary for the next 3 years if I'm a lawyer minus the 20% CPF:

2008 - 3.7 k x 6 months + 2 months bonus (estimated) = 29.6k
2009 - 3.85 x 12 + 3 months bonus (estimated) = 57.75k
2010 - 4 x 12 + 3 months bonus = 60k

Quite pathetic, not even enough to buy a 5 room flat after 2.5 years, n this is without deducting tithe n daily expenses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home