Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Alright! Leave approved! Asia conference, here I come!

Really wanna thank God that my leave got approved by my boss! Now I can play n bask for the Asia Conference n attend the morning sessions by the world famous preachers, and at the same time spend some quality time with Joan, n possibly go for LAN gaming in between the morning and night sessions! Sweet!

Oh and last night went to have dinner with Joan, some wanton noodle shop at sunshine plaza, then went to watch a horror movie, REC. oh man, honestly i thought it was one of the scariest, suspenseful, thrilling zombie horror movies I've ever watched! these zombies are not slow and weak, they're fast and have super strength! And the last 15 minutes of the show was PURE TERROR!! i'm not going to spoil the ending for anyone who might be reading, but the ending was really damn scary and Joan almost pulled my arm off! Hahaha.. Even though I think its the first time I'm watching a Spanish film, and I did get a headache from the shakey camera style, the fear factor at the ending of the show is really amazing! I never thought I'd be this scared after watching The Ring (japanese version of course!) but this zombie movie is really creepy and scary! No doubt a different sort of scary when compared to the Ring, but still quite horrifying and hellish, esp the last part when they encounter IT!

One thing though, the part which is super unbelievable is the camera man running and still filming down everything in the midst of chaos and zombie chases! But I guess its still a fresh angle and something new for a zombie movie, so good effort. And I think the budget must have been super low, not much special effects (perhaps thats what made it realistic?) and all unknown actors.

Definitely worth the $15. Its been a long time since I've had a good scare! In fact, one of the cinema goers was so terrified, she vomitted after coming out of the cinema. Or maybe its from motion sickness of the moving camera. =P Haha.. Joan was complaining she's going to have nightmares, but seriously, once you're out of the cinema, back to reality, the fear just evaporates. Especially when you realise a lot of loop holes and errors in the movie. =P

Oh and the row of cool shops just opened opposite the cinema ticket booth! All the cool statues and collectibles, swords, guns, figurines, costumes, toys, computer games, movie-related stuff, etc. I seriously doubt I'll buy anything much from those shops, but still its nice to look at the cool stuff they have on display. The life-size 2 m tall Terminator robot cost $10,000!! I mean, if I had an extra $100,000 sitting in my bank, then maybe I might consider getting it, but seriously how many pple would spend that kind of money on a Terminator robot?? This isn't America. LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home