Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Crossing the line is not a one time event!

I pick up the large wooden cross once again. It's heavy weight felt a little foreign to me, yet at the same time a peculiar familiar feeling went straight to my heart as well. Lord, it's so heavy, will I be able to lift it up and carry it once again?

Flash back to the past.

I had high hopes of becoming a musician, a cell group leader, a performing artiste, a top law student, a financial provider to the people around me. I had nothing on my back but the clothes I wore and a leather-backed booked as my only guide. The Bible - the one book that speaks a thousand different words each time I read it.

Then in the pursuit of God's goals, I dropped the cross to pursue my own goals. The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. Right things at the wrong time, right things at the wrong place. Fighting battles I should not have gotten myself into. Losing battles I should be winning. Letting the cross fall to the ground, not caring about what happens.

But it doesn't matter anymore. How many times did Jesus falter while carrying the cross to the top of Calvary? How many times did the pain in his body and the pain in his heart for the people cause Him to almost fall? But He still carried on, till the end. He knew His purpose and His Father's purpose.

I know my Father's destiny is one of greatness for me. Why should I remain at mediocrity?

I know my God shall make me the head and not the tail. Why should I cower in fear and draw back in adversity?

I know that I need to cross the line, and pick up the cross once again. And even if I fall, for all fall short of the glory of God, I will struggle to get up again.

And Your hand is always there to boost me up, to lift me up.

I will fly once again on eagles wings, once the wounds have healed and mended. I will do what You have called me to do.

Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home