Monday, May 01, 2006

i really wonder.. why pple like them get depression!

dear God,

just some questions that's been bugging me after viewing all the blogs by various SF pple and various flicker albums.

those pple look soooo good in the photos!! really, some of them r simply super handsome, charming, or for the ladies, so sweet, pretty, fashionable, cute, etc.. i think SF pple really know how to dress to impress! they just look good with the glory of God!

they're all so much better looking than me. i'm being totally honest, i know i'm not exactly good looking but i try to make up for it in my personality. hehz.. but anyway i really wonder..

how can pple who look so good feel so depressed n have low self-esteem?

to me, they'll always be beautiful people.. in fact i haven't met many pple in my life who doesn't appeal to me as a beautiful person. the people i meet, the youths, the young adults, the middleaged adults, the elderly, the rowdy ah bengs, the pouty ah lians, the spoilt brats, the arrogant guys..

no matter how i look at it i always feel that people have much potential in them. i look at them n feel compassion, n yet puzzlement as well. the children of God should not be walking in depression n defeat! we should be walking in God's confidence, having the assurance of the faith, knowing that if God is for me noone can come against me!

doesn't matter if i don't look as cool as arthur or can dance as well as rallen, or can play drums as well as bro boon. what matters is that i do the will of the One who sent me.

when i start looking at myself thru God's eyes, when i see the destiny that You have prepared specially for me, nothing else matters. not the fame, or the recognition, or the popularity (since young i've always wanted to be popular, perhaps an ego thing? or something that brings me a false sense of security of being wanted? in this area, i'm not so different from peggie.. in fact everyone wants to be recognised, everyone wants to be appreciated... its inherent human nature to want to be known n to be seen n to be thanked.. thats why we must first always be thankful to God, if we are thankful to Him, others will do likewise..) or the difficult circumstances. its all worth it.

at the end of the day, i just want to see Your face.

thank You Lord, for all You've done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home