Saturday, April 15, 2006

God let this be the most sincere prayer ever in 2006 from me to You

Dear heavenly Father,

Today is good friday. the day when 2000 years ago, Jesus died for all of humanity's sin and went to the cross, enduring all for the sake of what was set before Him. Tml i just know i'm going to cry and weep at the whipping and scourging of Jesus when Pilate captured Him and tried to make Him deny Himself.

Jesus...

I know that there isn't much I can say to You. You are a most Holy God, You did so much for me and yet what have I done for You this year?

Nothing except bring trouble to Your people and make things worse for myself. I've not glorified You in my studies, nor in my school, nor in my family. Oh God how i disappointed i am that my brother refused to come for easter service. I'm so sorry, i couldn't possibly want anything more this year than for my brother to be saved! i didn't try hard enough.. yet i pray that You will continue to inspire me and encourage me, to never give up on his salvation.

Oh Lord, i don't want to turn this into a giant prayer list, but a devotion to You and You alone. For surely out of all the weekends in a year, out of all the days in the year, two days belong to You alone. Easter and Christmas. The days of Your physical birth and Your resurrection from the dead.

Jesus, i want to say thank You.

Thank You for always being there for me. Holy Spirit, i know the only reason why i still stand, why i still have the strength and the courage to face another day, is because of Your strength that runs in me. Yet as it leaks, as i leak faith.

Thank You for believing me again and again, no matter how many times i failed, no matter how many times i relasped into sin, no matter how many offences i committed against You and Your peoplele, You forgave me, washed my sins clean, and did it all in advance for me, 2000 years ago!! hallelujah!

Thank You Lord Jesus, for the wonderful family i'm in. Bless my dad and mum, even as they're overseas, i pray that my uncle n aunt who are ministers really show them the love of Christ, that one day, my whole household WILL be saved in Your name! Let my father get a good job, not just to foot the bills, but one that brings him satisfaction as well. Let my mother find a good ministry where she can use her skills in line dancing to minister to people. God i really pray that my parents will get saved soon and join Your church, cos i think they are wonderful people, i love them so much, i want them to enjoy Your presence, to really live life with meaning in it!

Thank You Lord, secondly, for the wonderful family in Christ that i have. City Harvest Church, the one place where i feel my spiritual family is. Not that i love my natural family any less, but in church, i really find my place there.

Jesus as i listen to the song Forgiven.. it really reminds me of the first few easters i had in church, when i sat almost in the front seats, watching the drama, watching the person playing You being whipped, the blood n agony on his face, doing all this for the millions of billions of people who have walked the earth, but then again, You did it all for me too.

Forgiven.. we're given a chance to go on living, to really appreciate what You've done for us, forgiven by Your great love... truly what meaningful lyrics, words that i yearn to sing for You!

dear God, thank You.. never again will i think my life a waste of time, never again will i sin wilfully against You, knowing that it is written on the tablets of my heart, that Jesus, Your blood was bled for me, Your tears were cried for me, Your life was given in exchange for my sins.. the 7 great exchanges on the cross.. You took my poverty, my sickness, my sinfulness, my fears, my weakness, took everything that is not right in Your eyes, the filth of my flesh, and crucified it all on the cross!

i pray that it is not all emotional talk and mambo jumbo, but that of today, i am really changed in Your presence...

truly nothing changes a person quite so much like a touch from You, a touch from heaven, the hand of God coming into my life, moving me, touching me deep within, stirring up a passion for You in my heart, relighting the fires of evangelism, burning passion for Your name!

oh well those guys don't wana share the wonderful song forgiven, but nevermind. The path of the righteous is straight and narrow, and often it is a path i have to walk alone. i will walk with others of the same faith, or of equal yoke, but not all will stay with me along the whole route. some will pass me by being faster, some will falter and stumble, yet others will head sideways, distracted. but nevertheless, let me always be the one who walks beside You, as a servant, as a friend, as a child of God, as a brother of Christ, to partake in Your suffering and rejoicing.

its so wonderful today, worshipping at Your throne. the cell group prayer meeting today wasn't exactly the best in terms of musical standard, it isn't the best in eloquance of prayer language, it wasn't the best in terms of flow, it wasn't the best in terms of deep intellectual verses and phrases. yet the most important thing, it was to me, the best prayer meeting i've had in a long time. in fact, it is the ONLY prayer meeting i've had in a long time!

Father, i pray that N280 will be so united, to love and bring people into the house of God. i really want to have a strong cell group of 21 strong disciples of Christ, members who love God with all of their heart, not hesitating to do Your will at Your every call. i want to be able to stand with all of my members, guitar in hand, worshipping You and bringing down the strong presence of God, letting the presence saturate and fill the entire meeting place, let it come down so thick that even the new comers will feel it and stand awed and amazed at Your majesty!!

in closing Lord, let my love for You burn strong once again, let my love for the cell group and its members burn strong as well. For this, shall all men know, that you are my disciples, that you have love, one for another. the verse which You have given me today, for the cell group, for my life as well. let it be done according to Your Word!

Hallelujah!

In Jesus most precious and wonderful name,
Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home