Thursday, January 31, 2008

4 more hours till Switchfoot concert! No mood to work liao! hahaha..

Can't wait for time to pass by! Just merely 4 more hours to go before I rush out of office and change into my concert clothes and meet Christina n Marina at the mrt station! Think Joan wouldn't be too pleased knowing that I'm going for concert with 2 girls, hahaha.. But she's having lunch with some guy today, so that "balances" out. Haha!

Thanks Jessie, for the encouraging email. Things really did get a bit better today, cg members finally returning my SMSes and phone calls. N yeah, of cos I know I do make a positive difference in the lives of the pple around me, its just that I get scolding n make mistakes at work which makes me feel a bit bad. yeah i know, everyone makes mistakes, but the mistakes you make in school are just pen on paper, marks deducted, if you fail something you can retake your exam, or redo a project.

In real life, if you make a mistake, it can costs thousands of dollars to the company. Which means boss will get pissed off with me, which may possibly mean get deep fried by the oil fish. "Chao you yu" if you know what I mean! Hahahaha..

In sch we all had this heck care attitude, cos we know we're smart enough to get thru the module even if we skip all lectures n don't study. Of cos i'm not bragging, but come on man, Rafflesians and NUS students are just smart lah ok? If we're not smart we wouldn't be studying in those schools lah. Haha.. In university I can honestly say I spent most of my time on cell group, ministry, lan gaming, jamming with the band, and etc. I spend maybe like only 10% of normal sch days studying. Exams of cos I will "pia" but other than that, life was RELAK LAH BRUTHER kind of slack. I watched animae n played games n surf youtube n watch movie n spent lots of times dating Joan my beloved (and she still is!) as well as going out with friends. School work wasn't something that I'd worry about.

REAL work however is a whole new matter. I actually dream about what I'm working at while I was sleeping! A simple typo error equals scolding, overlooking details can kill you. Of cos the clients, as dumb lay pple, don't know anything is wrong, but of cos the senior lawyers do. We never had such drafting classes in school, everything was theoretical, nothing was practical. I'm not a very "C" person, I already scanned thru the work, but somehow the boss can still find mistakes.

But oh well, its already 2.09 pm now, less than 4 hours till I zao liao, counting down with my friends for the concert! damn funny, we're like smsing each other every hour counting down.. oh n really happy that i got a long weekend next week! 6-10 Feb holidays! my boss will only be back on the 12th feb, so thats good news for me man! hahaha..

tml cg gonna try out the new song God of Ages, hope my fingers don't get cramped from the fast song! prayer meeting with James n Cheeweng, buying refreshments also, a lot of things to do. Plus Chingay practices coming up, I don't think I'll even have the time or the energy to blog anymore until the CNY holidays. even then, stupid relatives making a lot of noise n stupid superstitious pple will make noise n stupid comments. i really don't like chinese new year gatherings, some uncles n aunties are downright irritating. but i like gatherings also cos i get to see my cousins n catch up with them, so quite meaningful also lah. ok enough crapping, time to get back to work.

Thanks God, for seeing me through everything this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home