Wednesday, December 08, 2004

back from penang trip!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Wow, thanks for such a wonderful fulfilling trip! the food in penang is really super delicious! after coming back to singapore, i felt that everything taste so blande n boring! hahaha..! think this week i must put aside one day to fast for the combined zone meeting, either tml or thurs.. partly for the new friends, n also to make up for today, cos i really didn't know about the fasting until i reached singapore! n thank You for letting me eat till my hearts content before telling me to fast! hahaha...

But anyway...

I know my old bad habits r catching up with me again, cos i gave in to temptation accidentally in penang, but nevertheless, i will still get over it n repent n move on. thanks Jesus for trusting in me always, tat no matter how i fall or how many times i fall, i will keep getting up n moving on with You, i will never backslide, not ever again!

God, i really wanna be serious right now, i really pray for a lot of things.. there's a 101 thoughts running thru my head now, i pray first of all that You help me to focus on Your will, speak to me on what You want me to do! there's so many things i can be doing, but i don't want just to be a do-er, but a do-er of Your will, obeying Your Word!

Lord, the most pressing thing on my mind right now is really, the new friends n the backsliders for the combined zone meeting on thurs. i don't want to go there emptyhanded, without new frenz, but i don't want to trick my frenz into going there as well cos it just feels wrong. i wanna bring my family members there. God, i pray that my brother will be free n willing to come. i really thank God that he said "not yet" when the aunt asked if he was a christian! it may seem like a small comment to others, but it really meant a LOT to me God, i think You know what i mean. cos i really really want to see my family get saved this year, maybe at Christmas. my dad, my mum and my brother. thats the highest priority. then after that my cousins, my uncles n my aunts, cos i know it is really kinda tough for me to reach out to my older relatives, cos i don't think they will treat me seriously until i have "made my mark" in society. guess that's just the way adults think, they won't take "children" seriously until they grow up n show themselves worthy of being called men n women. but nevertheless, i pray tat You somehow use me to reach out to my entire family, to be alight in the darkness, a city on a hill that cannot be hidden, to glorify Your name in my family. n to do that, You have to make me into a "superhuman" with good results, good PR skills, favour from men, etc... without You i don't think i can ever achieve what others expect or hope for me to achieve. I am so much like my sister Eunice, often having doubts bout myself. yet sometimes, i can act in such a foolish arrogant manner, acting as if i know so much, n get lifted up in pride! God forgive me for all the negative, insulting, crude n proud statements that i've made about myself or other pple, i really know tat it is wrong.

but aside from my parents, n my brother, the other group of pple who really keep popping into my mind is the line dancers! ling n rosalyn, chong huat n kiat, n of cos my aunt phyllis. really pray that somehow You have used this trip to impact them n that i will be able to bring them for Christmas service on 25 dec at the SIS, or maybe some other event. i dunno, but i know one thing, is that You are in total control of all my situations, You will not send me on this trip knowing that it is a waste of time! therefore, it is NOT a waste of time, cos i hope i used the time to reach out to whoever is around me, shining the light of Christ thru my actions, behaviour n speech. they r really such nice caring pple, and i wonder if they have all heard the gospel before? i will try my best to reach out to them God, i promise You. i will invite them for Christmas, n i pray that they get saved, so they can influence my parents as well, n my Christmas wish, if anything i ask for will be done, if for the salvation of all these pple, n many others. i don't want riches or anything else. i just want to see the pple i love getting saved. although this may sound selfish, i want my family n friends to get saved 1st, then the rest of the world. Lord, correct me if this thinking is wrong. but i really would like to have my mind at ease knowing that the closest pple to me on earth is going to heaven with me. i trust that You know the desires of my heart.

next, i pray for all the backsliders to come back to God, not matter how far they have wandered. pple like wendy, barry, weisheng, jessie, yvonne, sharon, weide, sunshine, grace, weihao, nolly, jessica, wudi, guanjie, wayne, n countless others who have come n gone like the wind, going back to the world.. Father i pray that somehow You can use me to reach out to this special group of pple... even pple like Joanne, Yilin, etc.. i really feel its such a waste, for them to have tasted Your goodness n then to go back to the world.. the Bible already describes the backsliders like dog who lick their own vomit! tat is so gross. but i have been there myself. i have my own stumbling block, the bowl of lentil soup. help me, give me the strength to resist the temporal physical pleasures of the world, n prefer to dwell in the presence of the Most High God, doing Your will n disciplining my flesh to my spirit. i see these backsliders n my heart sometimes really just aches.. cos some of them r pple that i love n have treated so well.. i don't want them to perish, i want them to serve God alongside me, growing into mature sons n daugthers of Christ together!

then there's also the new friends, those who have yet to make a decision to stay for God, who come only for fun n play. pple like jiaqi, eunice loh, etc. actually i don't really know the true reason why some of them come, but i pray that whatever it is, that You really touched their hearts. for those who have totally never heart the mention of Your name before, i pray for their hearts to be so softened, that they do not come with a critical spirit, but with an open n humble attitude, a willingness to know more bout You, to know the truth before making any judgements. i pray for myself, i am able to bring at least 3 friends, personal friends, pple who want to go down n not just go for the sake of me asking them to go. n i also pray for the cell group members, whose friends said they would come, that there will not be any last min sabo, that they will keep their word n come! i pray for my new cell group N280 to bring at least 10 new friends on thurs, n that out of the 10, at least 5 will be rooted into the cell group!also which brings me to my next prayer item, the cell group!

Father, i know this is a really long prayer request, but i really wish to pray for all these things properly, because the effective fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much, n i know You want to see my heart, You want us to pray prayers of faith n hope, to proclaim Your Word back to You! You said that when 2 or more gather to pray in Your name, You will be in their midst! So there is power in unity, i pray that the new cell group members can really bond together n create long-lasting friendships, help each other grow closer to You, n to have everlasting fellowship! so i haven't met the new members yet but i pray that You enable me to communicate with them easily, n also for me to watch n pray always over my actions! i do NOT want to break my vow, or get involved in any improper relationship or behaviour ever again! until 2007, i do not even want to like any sister-in-Christ. help my will to control my emotions, n not the other way round. i feel that Christmas is really the most romantic n wonderful time of the year, when love is really in the air, n i really will get lonely n down, whenever i'm alone on my bed, n i'll start to think of all the nonsense of how lonely i am. but i come against that thought in Jesus name! let the world know that i am perfectly content to live in the shadow of Your wing, to do Your will at the expense of mine. i pray that You be with me in such trying times, comforting me, Holy Spirit, comfort me in times of need, when i feel so alone, let me know You are right beside me, encouraging me to move on for God. Thank You Holy Spirit, Father, Jesus. I know with 3 of You i will never be alone ever again! haha!

So tml is a brand new day, i pray that You help me to focus once again, prioritise my activities, so i can really be a totally effective, on fire, anointed Christian n worker for Christ! there's still so much to pray for, the X'mas party at my house, the zone prayer meetings, the year-end combined meeting, but really the main thing that I'm praying is for the lost souls to find their salvation in You once again, cos this Christmas, it is really a great time for pple to start to fall in love with You all over again. even for myself, Lord i pray that i do not get too caught up in serving, but i also rememebr to worship You every single day, to live my life with You in it every single moment, knowing that i have peace n joy in the servitude of God. Thank You Jesus, for every good thing in my life! i really enjoy being with You, praying to You n dwelling in Your presence.

I pray for Your grace n wisdom n strength to be with me tml as i go about my activities, that i will always be conscious of the Holy Spirit's prompting, tat ervrything i do will be used to glorify Your name. Humble me God, i know i am a proud person. make me serve You, not the ministries, but to really serve You as a humble lowly servant. but also refresh me n encourage me constantly. You are my God, who is able to do all things, able to supply my needs according to the riches and glory of Christ Jesus!

In Jesus name i pray,
Amen!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home