Friday, December 03, 2004

Just came back from a really awesome zone camp!!

Dear Heavenly Father,

Wow wow wow! What an awesome zone camp! i really didn't expect it to be so much fun! really had a lot of fun playing the games, meeting new friends, worshipping God as a zone and also as a cell group, getting to know my cg members n other zone members better as friends n not just acquaintences, playing guitar n singing songs to You.. wow it was really a very well organised zone camp, but not only that i belive that You really anionted the cg leaders n charmaine to get such a great camp going, the games running smoothly with no mishaps, evryone being willing n cooperative, n really almost everyone having a great attitude in all things. i will never forget this zone camp of 2004, where i met many good pple, i won't consider them as friends just yet, but nonetheless they r great pple who really love God n love pple wholeheartedly. though i didn't manage to talk to many of the younger zone members, i still managed to have short chats with some of them, n i really feel like a backslider sometimes! hahaha...

God i pray tat i will honour You this coming sunday, n even if i'm on holiday, i will still go my QT n read my Bible, cos i really flow with the theme of the camp, slaying giants. i wanna slay the giant of laziness n mediocrity in my life, stubborness to change, arrogant attitude, n so many other things in my life which i know is not right. tht You are not pleased to see me still carrying out my life as normal, as if i didn't sin against You. even such a small thing, like jeering n shouting camp-slogans like "why are we waiting?" i felt so bad after i said that, cos i really want to be an encourager to others, to be an example to the younger members, be it in my cg or in my team!

just like Esasu who sold his birthright for a mere bowl of soup, i gave up my holiness n sanctification with jus a simple statement, made in jest. it was not good to say such things. also the 1st nite i really had a bad atttitude of not wanting to sleep! i mean yeah, camp is supposed to be a time where we can spend as much time together having fun, as well as to know each other better. however there's more to that than just coming together as a zone to have funn n minister to one another, to really learn to step out in faith, to catch something from the sermons that charmaine preached. i know its wrong, yet i stilll challenge Your Word in such ways, to challenge sister charmaine's authority about not being able to sleep on the 1st night, cos i was really selfish n just wanted to have fun. I missed out the true intention n goal of the zone camp, was not just to play but to really train up disciples of Christ. like what pastor always says, we are to make disciples of all the nations, from judea to samaria to the ends of the earth! wow!

so i realise that my flesh still opposes me, each time i want to accomplise something for God. no matter how much i know or should know, no matter how hard i try on my own strength, i know Lord that i can't acomplise without Your grace n anointing, i really need You to come n save me from drowning in a exam result of joy, but if i end up failing anything, i won't be able to be accountable to my parents.

but anyway Lord, thanks for revealing to me the real state of affairs in my hear. i know there's so much potential in me, cos God is a respecter of noone! He loves us n wants to teach us all things. of cos together wityh the power of the Holy Spirit, i donb't have to live a fake christian walk anymore. its either i go all the way with God, or even worse, start to thinik that other things, like pubbing n movies, etc. things are in itself not wrong, but then its the spirit which is behind all these bad things, which discourage me from hanging out there..

2005 is the year Lord! i pray that You rise me up as a cell group leader, someone who is able to stretch himnself, n also to do what is required of him, etc.. but in short, i really want to be a CGL, but first i need to know if i'lm doing this for fame or for money, not anything but really for God n God alone is able to get me go out n take care of new friends,esp in bad times when i don't even feel like it.

God think i only slept about 2 hours at the zone cmap, feeling really sleepy now, i pray tht You grant me n my family journey mercy, n pray that we'll remember you as you bless me mightily this dec hols!

in Jesus name i pray,
Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home